25 Ways to make your Mother happy!
We all know the importance of our parents but we don’t think about them as much as they think of us and our well-being. In this list which was taken from the book “150 Ways To Be Dutiful To Your Mother” by Sulaiman Al-Saqeer, will give enough ways to keep your mother and your father happy as long as they are alive. We only posted 25 ways but the book contains 150 ways, I know that is too much for you to read so we picked the best 25 ways.
In The Name of Allah, The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful
1. Choose an appropriate gift for each occasion and present it in a happy way to oblige her to accept it.
2. Open a bank account in which all of her children share paying a lump sum in order to cover her needs.
3. Understand the different stages of life that your mother is going through, and treat her accordingly.
4. Carefully select the appropriate words to use when talking to her to prevent her from feeling hurt; and, do not utter even one word or expression of disrespect.
5. Ensure that she is the last one to see you off when you are determined to travel, and show her love and affection to her; and if she is in another country, then at least call her.
6. Likewise, ensure she is the first one you meet when you return from a trip, and you should take into account telling her in advance of your arrival so as not to surprise her.
7. Call her on a daily basis when you are abroad, even if only for a few seconds, since it is a source of happiness for her. Ease her, relax and relieve her concerns and keep her away from being sad.
8. Take care to meet her on a daily basis if she lives in the same town as you, and try not to let the distractions of your daily life take you away from meeting her.
9. If she does not live in the same country as you, then you must contact her on a daily basis, no matter what.
10. The best way to get closer to her heart is to endear whom she likes; for example, as her children are the dearest people to her, then be gentle and helpful towards them.
11. Kiss her head and hand when meeting her since it is a great way to make her happy, and it is a wonderful way to show your appreciation to her.
12. Teach your children about the importance of the high status your mother holds, in both word and deed; be a good example for them when you deal with her in order for them to follow in your footsteps.
13. Take care to fulfill her requests and fulfill her requirements at the required time – this will bring you closer to her and prevent her from becoming angry.
14. Keeping your promises to her is a must, otherwise do not make promises to her.
15. Attribute any success in your life to Allah, The Almighty, then to her, as it will make her happy and proud of you.
16. Do not argue with her even if you are right; try to use the easiest way to convey your message or your opinion if there is a genuine interest; but if you are merely arguing your point, then give it up.
17. Do not underestimate her opinion before your brothers, sisters or people whether she is present or absent, because it is evil speech the mentioning of which she would hate and it would be an act of disrespect towards her.
18. Do not be disrespectful towards her nor belittle her in any way due to her unawareness of some aspects of life. Rather, you should try to positively correct her without harming her.
19. Avoid laughing loudly, raising your voice when you are with her, looking angrily or miserable in her presence or mentioning what she dislikes.
20. Make her the first one to know about the good news in your life, and reveal your secrets to her because it is a good means to capture her heart and make you very close to her.
21. Take care of her health; if she is old, provide her with the required health equipment such as blood pressure monitors and diabetic equipment.
22. Make a checkup program on a monthly basis to check on her health.
23. As every age has different requirements, try to provide her with anything she needs accordingly.
24. During her illness share her pain, and when she recovers, show your happiness and put your hand on the place of the pain and recite verses of (ruqyah).
25. In the event that she becomes sick, give her hope that she will become better; and be careful of talking about the possible ill fate of her disease or of a similar condition, or any relevant bad news that may cause harm to her.
26. In the event that she becomes sick, bring the doctor to her, or take her to the doctor if she is able to go, and explain to the doctor the importance of giving her hope about her case.